What is BJ’s Credit Card? BJs whole Club Inc. offers the BJ’s credit card for the members of the club. The members of the club can get extraordinary services and discounts with the help of the credit card. They can make purchases on a number of BJ’s Wholesale clubs present in certain parts of the country and get special benefits. The credit cards of BJ are powered by comenity bank, which is one of the major credit card offering bank in the United States of America. It is a master card which is also classified as a Reward Card as a number of diverse discounts and rewards can be availed through the use of this card at the Wholesale stores of BJ as well as other favorable stores which have a partnership with BJ.
Table of Credit Card Contents
- What is BJ’s Wholesale Club Inc?
- Interesting facts about the BJ’s Wholesale Club
- BJ’s Wholesale Clubs’ Products
- Membership of BJ Wholesale Club
- What is BJ’s Credit Card
- Top 10 Services and Perks available to the Users of the BJ’s Credit Card
What is BJ’s Wholesale Club Inc?
It is a company which is famously known as the wholesale Club or BJ and it runs wholesale stores in the east coast region of the United States as well as Ohio. The wholesale clubs are accessible only to the members of the club which can get the products offered at the store at a discounted price. There are a number of popular wholesale clubs present in different parts of the country which are owned by major retail brands and businesses.
Interesting facts about the BJ’s Wholesale Club
- It is a retail wholesale club having presence in different parts of the country such as the east coast as well as the state of Ohio.
- It is a public listed company traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the name of BJ. The company was founded in the year 1984 and ever since, it has been 34 years of smooth sailing.
- The company has locations in 215 different places while the HQ of the company is in Westborough, MA, United States.
- The company generates huge profits an annual basis. The annual revenue generated by BJ’s is in the range of $10 – $15 billion. The net income of the users is usually in the range of a $100 million. It is also one of the biggest employers with more than approximately 25,000 people working in different positions.
- The name of the company is derived from Beverly Jean Weich i.e. the initials of the name of Mervyn Weich’s daughter. Today, the company is managed by Leonard Green & Partners.
BJ’s Wholesale Clubs’ Products
There are a number of different products which the members of the Wholesale Club can purchase. Some of the commonly available products are electronic products, commonly used home products, Furniture items, outdoor items, Health and Beauty products, grocery, clothing, jewelry and toys. The company is also in partnership with a number of other stores which allows the users to purchase their products such as gas etc. through the credit card offered to the members.
Membership of BJ Wholesale Club
The membership of BJ is open to individuals and companies for an initial period of 12 months. After every year, the users need to renew their membership by paying a membership fee which is usually around $55 per year. There are other kinds of memberships with special perks which can be obtained by the members by paying an additional fee of $55. This type of membership is known as the special inner circle membership. The membership of the wholesale club can be obtained by almost everyone, however, certain criteria may apply towards getting the services which are offered to the members of the club. Some of the rewards which are available to the members of the club are cash, check, ATM/debit cards, all major credit cards, and EBT SNAP benefits. The membership of the club comes with 100% satisfaction guarantee which means that the user can choose to cancel the membership of the club at any time and get the $55 back if they are not satisfied by the perks offered to the members.
Though, the membership of the club is required in order to get the discounts at BJ’s stores but the users who choose not to renew their membership after the expiry date can still continue to make purchases at the store but they will have to pay some surcharge fee in the range of 5 – 15% of the total value of the purchase.
What are the services besides BJ’s Wholesale Club available to the members?
There are a number of other services on which special discounts can be obtained by the members of the club. The club has partnership with these service providers in order to broaden the scope of the perks available to the members of the club. Some of the additional services which are available to the members of the club are as follows:
- Car Rental Services are available at the partner setups of the BJ’s Whole Club Inc.
- Gas Stations and fueling services are available at the partner setups of the BJ’s Whole Club Inc.
- Home Heating Oil products are available at the partner setups of the BJ’s Whole Club Inc.
- Optical department products are available at the partner setups of the BJ’s Whole Club Inc.
- Propane filling Services are available at the partner setups of the BJ’s Whole Club Inc.
- Retail Services are available at the partner setups of the BJ’s Whole Club Inc.
- Pharmacy products are available at the partner setups of the BJ’s Whole Club Inc.
- Vacation Package Services are available at the partner setups of the BJ’s Whole Club Inc.
What are the BJ’s Branded and Private label products available to the members of the Club?
There are a number of private label products which can be availed by the members of the club. Some of these services are available in house brands i.e. Berkley-Jensen and Wellsley Farms. Some of the products which are available at these stores are as follows:
- Food and Non-food items are available at the stores of Berkley-Jensen.
- Wellsley farms provide Dairy items to the members of the Wholesale club.
- Wellsley farms provide Juice items to the members of the Wholesale club.
- Wellsley farms provide natural food items to the members of the Wholesale club.
- Wellsley farms provide fresh heat and eat meals to the members of the Wholesale club.
- Wellsley farms provide various other eatable items to the members of the Wholesale club.
What is BJ’s Credit Card
BJ’s credit card is a master card which is powered by the comenity bank. It is available to the members of the club who can use it to make payments at the stores of BJ’s and all other stores which provide special discounts to the users. Since credit cards are the accepted mode of payments at the stores, the users apply for the credit card and they are issued the master card. The users can use this card to make payments and get the instant special rewards in terms of cash back, credit back, discounts, coupons etc. It is justified to say that the services offered by the credit card of the BJ’s wholesale club’s credit card to the members of the club is unmatched by any other credit card in the world. The members of the club will be better off to use this credit card than any other credit card. Some of the top benefits which are available to the users of the BJ’s Credit card are as follows:
Top 10 Services and Perks available to the Users of the BJ’s Credit Card
- Cash Back: BJ’s credit card offers the highest cash back rewards among the various commercial credit cards in the world. Cash back are a source of amazing discounts for the people as it lets them get the prices at discounted rates as well as purchase more stuff by paying less. Cash backs are offered when something is purchased through the credit card. It means that some amount is returned back to the users which can then be used in purchasing other stuff.
When the users purchase stuff through the BJ’s wholesale Club Inc. Credit Card, flat 5% cash back is offered which can be used for purchasing other stuff or as a discount for other services. However, the 5% cash backs are only available for the users who purchase stuff at the stores of BJ while only 1% cash back is available at the affiliated stores. The cash backs are instantly available which means that the users can redeem the cash back reward immediately without having to wait for any processing time.
Cons: The biggest negative about the cash back rewards are not available for an indefinite period of time and the users have to redeem them within a specified period of time. If the cash back rewards are not redeemed within the specified time limit, then they get wasted.
- No Limit to Accumulation of Cash Back Rewards: There is no limit to the amount of cash back which means that any amount can be accumulated for making the purchases. More cash back amount will be accumulated for making huge purchases so in this case it is advised that the BJ’s Wholesale Club Credit Card may be used as much as required in order to get as much reward as possible.
- Discounts: Some of the highly lucrative discounts are available for the users of the BJ’s credit card on purchase of stuff from the stores of the club or from the affiliated stores. When the users purchase gas from the affiliated gas stations of BJ, they get a discount of 10 cents on 1 gallon purchase. It is to be stated that the discount is available on purchase of unlimited quantity of gas. For the purchase of stuff other than gas, up to 2% discount can be obtained. When you are dining out at some of the affiliated restaurant of the BJ’s club, a lucrative discount of 2% will be provided.
- No Annual Fee: BJ’s credit card is highly lucrative to the users as they can get the credit card and do not need to pay any annual fee. Most of the Credit Cards in the world require some annual fee to be paid for using the credit card. The annual fee has to be paid no matter if you use the card or not. The annual fee run in several dollars which is usually a huge amount for certain users. However, in case of BJ’s credit cards, no annual fee needs to be paid which saves quite a few dollars for the users. No annual fee or any other additional charges if the dues of the credit card are paid well in time.
However, it should be mentioned that a membership fee needs to be paid in order to be eligible to get the BJ’s Credit Card. The details of the membership fee have been discussed above. It must be said that while a membership fee needs to be paid to become the member of the club, it makes you eligible for a number of services. Some interest charges may involve if the due date of the pending payments is crossed. It is advisable to pay the credit card fee on time in order to avoid any additional charges.
- Balance Transfer: The BJ’s Wholesale Club Inc. Credit Card offers the extraordinary balance transfer service which helps the users maintain their credit rating. Through the balance transfer service, the users can transfer the debt from one credit card to the other credit cards. The balance transfer services offered by BJ’s are highly competitive as you can transfer credit debt from the BJ’s credit card just by paying a 3% or $10 (whichever is greater) transfer fee. This allows the users to maintain their credit score. In order to get the credit card of BJ’s and to keep it, a credit score of 700 is required.
- Over-limit Fee: Over limit is the maximum purchase that you can make in a month using the BJ’s credit card. It depends upon the package limit of the person. Though the user can purchase stuff above the limit, some fee has to be paid in order to be able to cross the limit. Most of the credit cards in the world charge some fee when the user crosses the limit for the month. The over limit depends upon the packages availed by the user. Sometimes, it so happens that the user needs to buy something which is valued above the spending limit or sometimes the spending limit is accidently crossed without knowing. In such cases, when the limit is crossed using the BJ’s credit card, the additional fee that needs to be paid is only minimal.
- Cash Advance: The BJ’s Wholesale club Credit Card allows you to take the cash out using the credit card. Most of the credit cards do not offer this service and allow the users to take the cash advance from the credit card but the BJ’s credit card does that. When the users pay the cash back, only 5% fee has to be paid or a fix 10$ depending upon which one of these is a greater amount. This is a great service considering that sometimes the users need cash money in order to do something which cannot be done with the credit card swiping and hence the BJ facilities them in this way. Only a reasonable amount of fee has to be paid which is usually very high in other cases.
- Foreign Transaction Fee: When the users travel around the world and try to make purchase with the help of the credit card that they are using, high foreign transaction fees are applicable. These foreign transaction fees are usually high which scar the usability of the card outside the country. However, in case of BJ’s credit card, only 3% foreign transaction fee has to be paid. This is one of the lowest fee applicable among various credit cards.
- Additional Services: There are a number of other services and protections which are offered to the users of the BJ’s credit card. Some of the additional services are the insurance claims for a number of products.
- Customer Service: The customer services offered by BJ’s is one of the best among all the credit card services provider. The customer services are offered 24/7 and the users can ask Solutions to their issues at any time. The customer service has been best rated by the users as judged by the reviews on the internet.
The BJ’s credit card provides extraordinary services to the members of the BJ’s Wholesale club and it is making their lives easy. It can be said that probably there is no other card available which will offer the similar perks and benefits to the members than the BJ’s credit card is currently offering. The reviews garnered by the credit card are also highly encouraging.